In a recent episode of APA's video series, "This Is Psychology," CEO Norman B. Anderson, PhD, shares how psychologists have insights and solutions to address the problem of climate change.
- American Psychological Association Elects Drexel Professor Donald N. Bersoff as 2013 President
- Delegation to Cuba seeks additional members
APA is offering a unique opportunity to study practices, treatment and education in psychology as part of a delegation to Cuba in March.
- National Standards for High School Psychology Curricula
In addition to setting forth learning objectives for high school psychology students, this document provides guidance for teaching based on active learning principles and recommendations for student learning assessment.
- New Department of Veterans Affairs panel integrates psychology
APA CEO Norman B. Anderson, PhD, joins the National Academic Affiliations Council, a new Veterans Affairs health care advisory committee.
- Psychologist Matthew Nock is MacArthur Fellow
Researcher is recognized for multidisciplinary approach to suicide and self-injury.
- APA Announces National Survey of High School Psychology Teachers
From APA Publishing
PsycTESTS®, launched in September 2011, serves as a repository for the full text of psychological tests and measures as well as a rich source of structured information about the tests.
Call for Nominations
- Deadline extended: Call for nominations for Committee on Human Research
Scientists with interests in human research protections are sought for APA panel.
- Committee on Women in Psychology (CWP) Leadership Awards
The APA Committee on Women in Psychology (CWP) invites nominations for its annual Leadership Awards. These awards demonstrate CWP’s commitment to ensuring that women receive equity both within psychology and as consumers of psychological services, and that issues pertaining to women are kept at the forefront of psychological research, education, training and practice.
Continuing Education in Psychology
- Brief Therapy
A structure will be presented for organizing the tasks and skills involved in different phases (pre, early, middle, late, and follow-through) of therapy, will provide case examples and will illustrate brief therapy techniques.
From the Press Room
- Too Much Undeserved Self-Praise Can Lead to Depression
Accurate assessments for poor performance better for self-esteem, research finds.