A publication of APA's Office of Public and Member Communications
February 28, 2012 | Vol. 1, No. 4
- Online forum provides new opportunity for collaboration
Members can now share information, post documents, ask questions and more on APA’s updated PsycLINK platform.
- January 2012: National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month
On December 30, 2011, President Obama proclaimed January 2012 as National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month
- Teen Dating Violence Often Occurs Alongside Other Abuse
Psychologist raises awareness of high-risk teens
- Support for teachers
- Committee on Ethnic Minority Affairs advocates for Minority Fellowship Program
- What’s in the President’s Budget of Interest to Psychology
A general analysis of some key priorities for APA’s Education, Public Interest and Science Government Relations Offices within the President’s Fiscal Year 2013 budget request
Election Office Update
From APA Publishing
- Refreshed APA PsycNET® database packages offer expanded content
Individuals can now search APA’s PsycTESTS® database with any APA PsycNET subscription, and have options that also include access to PsycTHERAPY®.
- Psychology of Popular Media Culture
This journal is a scholarly journal dedicated to publishing empirical research and papers on how popular culture and general media influence individual, group, and system behavior.
Beautifully illustrated and gently written, this book encourages children to stop, listen, and reflect on their experiences and the world around them.
Calls for Nominations
- APA Convention Travel Awards for Early Career Professionals
The program is designed to encourage attendance and increase representation of early career members at this year's APA convention.
- 2013 Call for Applications to the Leadership Institute for Women in Psychology
Women psychologists in clinical and consulting fields, in addition to academia and academic medicine, are now eligible