A publication of APA's Office of Public and Member Communications
March 13, 2012 | Vol. 1, No. 5
- APA secures congressional testimony of expert members for Veterans' Affairs hearing
David Rudd, PhD, ABPP, and George Ake III, PhD, discussed partnerships among community, religious and government entities in supporting military service members, veterans and their families.
- APA February 2012 Council of Representatives meeting highlights
Psychology education and the dissemination of the discipline’s scholarship were at the forefront of many actions taken by the APA Council of Representatives at its February meeting.
- Speakers selected for 2012 APA Distinguished Scientist Lectures
Leona Aiken, Warren Bickel, and Howard Rachlin to be featured at regional conferences.
- Society for the Psychological Study of Men and Masculinity (Div. 51) hosts 3rd National Psychotherapy with Men Conference
The conference on June 9 in New York will promote best practices and help increase treatment success in counseling and psychotherapy with men of all backgrounds.
- APF Dorothy W. Cantor Fund now supports APA Leadership Institute for Women in Psychology
$100,000 contribution will help build a source of ongoing revenue for APA’s program supporting women psychologists.
- Blacks with Higher Education Less Likely to Seek Mental Health Services, Particularly if They Have Previous Treatment Experience
Stigma, lack of trust remain barriers
- DisABILITY Resources Toolbox (DART)
Election Office Update
From APA Publishing
- The Science of Attorney Advocacy
This book evaluates evidence from social and behavioral science to determine the efficacy of strategies that law professors, judges, and other trial commentators most commonly recommend for persuading juries.
- Relationship Science
This book brings together researchers from psychology and neighboring disciplines whose work sheds light on the topic of relationships.
Calls for Nominations
- APA Convention Travel Awards for Early Career Professionals
The program is designed to encourage attendance and increase representation of early career members at this year's APA convention.
- APA seeks nominations for 2013 awards
Nominate your colleagues now for next year’s annual convention