A publication of APA's Office of Public and Member Communications
May 15, 2012 | Vol. 1, No. 9
- Psychology exhibit draws big crowds at USA Science Expo
Cognitive development research highlighted in exhibit sponsored by APA and Boston’s Museum of Science.
- Organizers petition for two new divisions
Financial Psychology and Implementation Science in Psychology are two new areas of member interest that organizers hope to add to the list of APA divisions.
- SESRCD program volunteers available to help community organizations that offer cancer prevention, early detection and survivorship programs
APA’s national initiative to address health disparities in cancer looks to promote health equity in underserved communities.
- Interrogation Vignettes Responses
Ethics Committee requests for feedback on APA policy regarding the role of psychologists in national security-related activities.
- Anger: How to Recognize and Deal with a Common Emotion
Seven questions for anger expert Howard Kassinove, PhD
From APA Publishing
- APA Addiction Syndrome Handbook
This two-volume handbook provides a comprehensive review of addiction.
- Asperger's Rules!: How to Make Sense of School and Friends
Packed full of information, this book covers common school situations and the uncommon challenges that they can present to a child with Asperger's.
- AD/HD and the College Student: The Everything Guide to Your Most Urgent Questions
This book answers the most common questions and tackles the most challenging problems students with AD/HD face in college.
- Treatment guideline panel for depression is appointed
Group of 11 scientists and clinicians will lead development of APA guideline.
- APA to establish treatment guideline panels for obesity and PTSD
Nominations invited for two new guideline groups.
- Call for nominations: Clinical Treatment Guideline Development Panel - Obesity Across the Lifespan
- Call for nominations: Clinical Treatment Guideline Development Panel - PTSD Across the Lifespan
Calls for Nominations, Awards and Sponsorship
- Distinguished Contributions to the Advancement of Disability Issues in Psychology Award
This award seeks to recognize an APA member who has had a significant and enduring impact on advancing the role of psychological principles to enhance the lives of and promote the inclusion of people with disabilities in society.
- 34th Annual Ray’s Race 5K Run and Walk at the 2012 APA Annual Convention in Orlando, Fla.
Corporate sponsors are needed for the annual race in honor of former APA CEO Raymond D. Fowler, PhD
- Board for the Advancement of Psychology in the Public Interest (BAPPI)
- APA Fellows Committee
The APA Fellows Committee seeks nominations for two new members for a three-year term beginning Jan. 1, 2013.
- 2013 Call for Nominations: Committee on Early Career Psychologists
CECP is seeking two representatives to serve as a practice or a public interest representative for three-year terms (2013-2015). Candidates must be an APA member and must be able to attend mandatory committee meetings.
Continuing Education in Psychology
- Ethical Practice in Operational Psychology: Military and National Intelligence Applications
This book offers guidance for psychologists who provide support to operational commanders in the military, national intelligence, and public safety communities.
- Office of Continuing Education in Psychology
The Office of Continuing Education in Psychology offers a wide range of continuing professional education opportunities for psychologists.