New opt-in feature lets APA members choose which APA e-newsletters, e-messages and research alerts to receive
- National Institute on Aging sponsors Alzheimer’s Disease Research Summit
Recommendations for advancing research are issued.
- BSSV program provides HIV prevention capacity-building assistance to community based organizations
APA’s national capacity-building initiative translates HIV prevention science into culturally relevant practice.
- APA Effective Providers for Child Victims of Violence Program director briefs U.S. Department of Justice officials
Julia da Silva, director of APA’s Violence Prevention Office, discussed the achievements of the three-tiered national training program.
- APA Graduate Student Affiliates
- APA sponsors Collaborative Family Health Care Association conference
The conference, Oct. 4-6, 2012, in Austin, Texas, will focus on the future of integrated health care.
From APA Publishing
- Research for the Public Good
This book provides models and examples of translational research in the social and behavioral sciences—that is, research that links the findings of social and behavioral studies with programs and policies that improve human health and well-being.
Calls for Nominations and Awards
- ASPP Student Travel Award: Learn How APA Governance Works
Doctoral students in psychology can apply by July 15 for an expense paid trip to the APA council meeting in Washington to become familiar with APA’s governance structure.
- APA Fellows Committee
The APA Fellows Committee seeks nominations for two new members for a three-year term beginning Jan. 1, 2013.
- 2013 Call for Nominations: Committee on Early Career Psychologists
CECP is seeking two representatives to serve as a practice or a public interest representative for three-year terms (2013-2015). Candidates must be an APA member and must be able to attend mandatory committee meetings.
Continuing Education in Psychology
- CE Workshops
APA will offer 87 continuing education workshops before and during this year's convention, including Presidential Workshops and the fifth annual Distinguished Workshop Series.