A publication of APA's Office of Public and Member Communications
July 10, 2012 | Vol. 1, No. 13
- Enrollment for APA Psychology Department Program now open
New educational package for psychology departments enhances learning with numerous publications and resources.
- Psychologists still need to help implement Title IX as it celebrates its 40th anniversary
Psychologists are needed more than ever as the issues of sex discrimination become more subtle
- 2012 APA Distinguished Scientific Award recipients
Both senior and early career researchers are recognized for major contributions to psychological science.
2012 APA Annual Convention
- Get Connected
APA will offer a variety of networking options at the 2012 APA Annual Convention including the convention program, a blog and a convention app.
- Green Initiatives
APA has chosen convention hotels and vendors that have established policies considered to be environmentally friendly.
- Committee on Early Career Psychologists hosting multiple events at convention
Join the committee in Orlando, Fla., to meet the members and learn how to get more involved in APA governance.
- Division Programming
Division programming will highlight prominent speakers and current issues and topics in psychology.
- International Visitors to the APA Convention
Important information for those from outside the United States wanting to attend the APA's annual convention.
From APA Publishing
- Making Evidence-Based Psychological Treatments Work With Older Adults
This book discuss the prevalent psychological disorders that afflict older adults. Each chapter focuses on one of the major presenting problems, with researchers identifying successful evidence-based treatments and clinicians discussing how they tailored the treatment to the special needs and conditions of their older clients.
- Meaning, Mortality, and Choice
This book gathers a varied group of international thinkers to investigate existential concerns of mortality within a framework that is both philosophical and practical.
Election Office Update
Calls for Nominations, Awards and Comment
- APA Commission on Accreditation calls for comments
The commission seeks public comments through Sept. 15, 2012, on proposed accreditation-related policies.
- Call for Nominations to the Committee on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Concerns
Nominate peers by Jan. 1, 2014, for two positions on the APA Committee on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Concerns.
- Distinguished Contributions to the Advancement of Disability Issues in Psychology Award
This award seeks to recognize an APA member who has had a significant and enduring impact on advancing the role of psychological principles to enhance the lives of and promote the inclusion of people with disabilities in society.
- Call for Nominations to the APA Committee on Aging
The Committee on Aging is accepting nominations, including self-nominations, for two new members to serve a three-year term beginning Jan. 1, 2013.
- 2013 Call for Nominations: Committee on Early Career Psychologists
CECP is seeking two representatives to serve as a practice or a public interest representative for three-year terms (2013-2015). Candidates must be an APA member and must be able to attend mandatory committee meetings.
Continuing Education in Psychology
- CE Workshops
APA will offer 87 continuing education workshops before and during this year's convention, including Presidential Workshops and the fifth annual Distinguished Workshop Series.
- The Clinician's Corner
A series of mini-workshops that feature leading practitioners and scholars working in key areas of professional practice. All workshops include CE credits