A publication of APA's Office of Public and Member Communications
July 25, 2012 | Vol. 1, No. 14
APA contributes to Institute of Medicine (IOM) report on mental health care needs for growing geriatric population
- The 10th International Conference on Occupational Stress and Health
Submit your proposals by Oct. 1
- Genes May Play Role in Educational Achievement, Study Finds
Three genes identified as possible markers for academic success
- Gold-medal psychology
- Update your contact and biographical information for the APA membership directory
APA’s online directory helps members stay in touch with colleagues and network with others.
2012 APA Annual Convention
- Disability-Related Programming
Programming at the 2012 convention will include immigration, race, natural disasters, women, chronic illness and telehealth services.
- Technology Exhibit
Explore the latest in technology tools and techniques for psychologists through expert demonstrations and hands-on opportunities.
- Family-friendly options
Numerous activities and services geared toward families will be available at this year’s convention.
- PsycCareers LIVE and Employer Exhibit Booths
Job-seekers and employers can connect through the PsycCareers Job Fair in advance of the upcoming 120th Annual Convention in Orlando, Fla.
- Golinski v. Office of Personnel Management
Gay and lesbian parents are not any less fit or capable than heterosexual parents, and that their children are not less adjusted.
- Psychologist featured at Capitol Hill science exhibit
Stanford’s Roy Pea presents work on effects of social media on girls’ development.
- APA again endorses the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA)
APA joined 88 other organizations in asking members of Congress to include lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) Americans under federal employment nondiscrimination policies.
From APA Publishing
- Trauma Therapy in Context
This book is intended for all clinical mental health professionals who work with trauma survivors, particularly those who seek to broaden their understanding of the way various approaches interact to inform a holistic understanding of trauma treatment.
Continuing Education in Psychology
- Office of Continuing Education in Psychology
The Office of Continuing Education in Psychology offers a wide range of continuing professional education opportunities for psychologists.
- The Clinician's Corner
A series of mini-workshops that feature leading practitioners and scholars working in key areas of professional practice. All workshops include CE credits
Calls for Nominations
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation seeks midcareer consultants to bolster research and evaluation
The foundation’s program aims to expand the diversity of perspectives that inform its programming.
- Call for Nominations to the Committee on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Concerns
Nominate peers by Jan. 1, 2014, for two positions on the APA Committee on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Concerns.