A publication of APA's Office of Public and Member Communications
August 21, 2012 | Vol. 1, No. 15
APA launches Archives of Scientific Psychology, its first open methodology, open data, open access journal
- 2012 APA Board of Directors and recording secretary election results
APA is proud to welcome two new members to its Board of Directors as well as a new recording secretary.
- Psychology on the cutting edge at the 2012 APA Annual Convention
This year’s convention in Orlando, Fla., featured internationally known presenters and programs highlighting the latest research findings.
- Psychology's ‘ideas worth spreading'
From APA Publishing
- Transforming Negative Reactions to Clients
This book will help both established and novice therapists understand and constructively use the wide range of interfering feelings they experience in their working alliance with challenging patients.
- Preventive Stress Management in Organizations, Second Edition
This book offers a comprehensive framework for creating healthy workplaces.
- APA Dictionary of Clinical Psychology
This book, a focused abridgment of the APA Dictionary of Psychology, is specifically tailored for clinicians and clinicians-in-training.
Calls for Nominations and Awards
- Call for Nominations to the Committee on Women in Psychology: 2013
APA's Committee on Women in Psychology is seeking nominations for two new members to begin terms in Jan. 1, 2013.
- Committee on Psychology and AIDS Psychology and AIDS Leadership Award
This award serves to actively demonstrate COPA's commitment to ensure issues pertaining to HIV/AIDS are kept at the forefront of psychological research, education, training and practice.
- Continuing Education Committee Terms Beginning 2013
The Continuing Education Committee seeks nominations from individuals, APA Committees, Boards and Divisions, as well as self-nominations for four new members to begin three-year terms on Jan. 2, 2012.
- Committee on Children, Youth and Families: Call for Nominations
The Committee on Children, Youth and Families nomination materials should be submitted by Monday, Aug. 27, 2012.
- Call for Nominations: APA Committee on Ethnic Minority Affairs (PDF, 33KB)
- Call for Nominations to the APA Committee on Aging
The Committee on Aging is accepting nominations, including self-nominations, for two new members to serve a three-year term beginning Jan. 1, 2013.
Continuing Education in Psychology
- Office of Continuing Education in Psychology
The Office of Continuing Education in Psychology offers a wide range of continuing professional education opportunities for psychologists.