A publication of APA's Office of Public and Member Communications
September 11, 2012 | Vol. 1, No. 16
- What Psychologists Should Know About Disability
Watch a training session that destigmatizes disability and helps psychologists work more effectively with people with disabilities.
- Commission on Accreditation (CoA) Update August 2012
The commission’s summary of recent activity includes a request for public comment through July 16, 2012, on three policies.
- Publication manual claims top spot on Amazon.com best sellers list
The sixth edition of the “Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association” remains in high demand.
- Savvy Tots to Grown-Ups: 'Don't Be Such a Crybaby'
Young children often know when someone does not deserve sympathy, new study finds
- Calling all scientists: APA and FABBS to organize District Science Lobby Week
From APA Publishing
- Humanity's Dark Side
The human capacity for destructiveness is often referred to as humanity's "dark side." In this book, prominent writers share different, sometimes opposing views on humanity's dark side and consider how these views impact their clinical practice.
- Cognitive–Behavioral Therapy for Specific Phobias
This DVD demonstrates exposure-based cognitive–behavioral therapy with a client who has a cat phobia.
- APA Handbook of Behavior Analysis
This book continues the inductive translational approach to the science of behavior analysis by providing overview and in-depth chapters spanning the breadth of behavior analysis.
- Graduate Study in Psychology, 2013 Edition
Graduate Study in Psychology is the best source of information related to graduate programs in psychology and provides information related to approximately 600 graduate programs in psychology in the U.S. and Canada.
Continuing Education in Psychology
- Office of Continuing Education in Psychology
The Office of Continuing Education in Psychology offers a wide range of continuing professional education opportunities for psychologists.