- This Is Psychology: Drugs and therapy
In this episode, Dr. Anderson discusses how drugs alone are not always sufficient to treat a range of illnesses, including HIV/AIDS.
- APA signs statement of principles opposing life without parole for youths
The Campaign for the Fair Sentencing of Youth has received broad support for its reform efforts.
- National panel examines access to STEM education for women and girls with disabilities
APA’s Women with Disabilities in STEM Education Research Agenda Development Project is creating an opportunity road map for women with disabilities in the STEM disciplines.
- Intimate Partner Violence
Nearly half of all women in the United States have experienced at least one form of psychological aggression by an intimate partner.
- Study: Alcohol, Drug Abuse Counselors Don't Always Require Total Abstinence
Most therapists still require abstinence for clients with substance dependence
- A scientist and two departments receive 2012 APA Culture of Service Awards
Jacquelynne Eccles and psychology departments at Bates College and UCSC are honored.
Election Office Update
From APA Publishing
- The Rorschach Inkblot Test
This book gives graduate students and professionals a solid understanding of how to integrate the science and clinical art of Rorschach interpretation when working with patients.
- Integrative Therapy
This DVD demonstrates an approach to integrative psychotherapy that systematically matches evidence-based treatment methods and healing relationships to the client on the basis of multiple transdiagnostic features, including stage of change, reactance level, culture, and preferences.