- APA Creates New Center for Psychology and Health
Center will advance psychology’s role in integrated care settings, advocate for sustainable health care financing
- Undocumented immigrant youth recount their challenges in new APA video
Three individuals who grew up as undocumented immigrants in the United States tell their personal stories in this documentary video that reinforces the need for attention to the mental health needs of immigrants.
- APA Public Interest Directorate welcomes new leadership in the Office of AIDS
David J. Martin, PhD will join APA as senior director, Office on AIDS, on March 4
- Free apps now available for APA’s magazines
Get free access to APA’s Monitor on Psychology and gradPSYCH magazines by downloading our new apps.
- APA webinar examines challenges in assessment and treatment of veterans with PTSD
Watch a recording of the presentation held in support of the White House Joining Forces initiative.
- The Collaborative Perspectives on Addiction (CPA) meeting is launched
Two APA divisions join forces to launch an annual conference that caters specifically to the interests of addiction psychologists
From APA Publishing
- Dream Work in Practice
This DVD demonstrates a three-stage model for working with dreams, where the therapist works with the client to explore the dream in detail, find insights by expanding on initial interpretations of the dream, and consolidate those insights and take action to address issues in the client's waking life.
- Cognition and Brain Development
The international contributors to this book present the latest advances in the science of cognitive development, using convergent methodologies derived from behavioral experimentation, electrophysiology, eye-tracking, genetics, and neuroimaging studies.
Calls for Nominations and Applications
- Distinguished Contributions to the Advancement of Disability Issues in Psychology Award
This award seeks to recognize an APA member who has had a significant and enduring impact on advancing the role of psychological principles to enhance the lives of and promote the inclusion of people with disabilities in society.
- APA Convention Travel Awards for Early Career Professionals
The program is designed to encourage attendance and increase representation of early career members at this year's APA convention.
- Klaus J. Jacobs Research Prize
The Klaus J. Jacobs Research Prize awards outstanding scientific contributions of individuals from all disciplines aiming at the improvement of young people's development and perspectives worldwide.
- Advanced Training Institutes (ATIs)
Advanced Training Institutes expose psychological scientists to emerging technologies and the most current research methodologies.
- John and Polly Sparks Early Career Grant for Psychologists Investigating Serious Emotional Disturbance (SED)
$10,000 for research in the area of early intervention and treatment for serious emotional disturbance in children.
- Bersoff Presidential Award to Multicultural Programs
This award will recognize three graduate departments that successfully recruit and graduate doctoral students who are U.S.-born ethnic minorities as well as U.S. residents born outside of the U.S. in regions such as the Middle East, Asia, Africa, the Caribbean and Latin America.