- Training opportunities in primary care psychology catalogued in new directory
The new directory from APA’s Education Directorate lists doctoral, internship and postdoctoral programs that provide education and training in primary care psychology.
- Email newsletter tackles matters unique to students of psychology
APA’s newest email newsletter, Psychology Student Network, addresses the issues and concerns shared by undergraduate psychology students and recent graduates.
- This Is Psychology: Weight loss
In this episode, Katherine C. Nordal, PhD, APA's executive director for professional practice, shares results from a survey of psychologists on the role that emotions play in weight gain and loss.
- Health Care System Falls Short on Stress Management
APA survey finds inadequate attention given to behavioral health needs of younger Americans, people with chronic illness
- Seasonal Affective Disorder Sufferers Have More Than Just Winter Blues
SAD expert Kelly Rohan, PhD, explains the difference
- Interesting results: Can they be replicated?
- Gun violence research: History of the federal funding freeze
Newtown tragedy may lead to lifting of freeze in place since 1996.
- Senate passes APA-supported Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) reauthorization
The United States Senate with strong bipartisan support passed S. 47, the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2013, by a vote of 78-22.
- Garrett Lee Smith Memorial Act Reauthorization Introduced in 113th Congress
The Garrett Lee Smith Memorial Act Reauthorization was introduced in the U.S. Senate to support suicide prevention programs at the state and tribal level as well as on college campuses.
From APA Publishing
- Free APA Journals Pro mobile app now available
Search hundreds of thousands of journal articles and more with APA’s new app.