Reclaiming Hope in a Changing World: Broadcast Version
Every American felt the impact of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. This unique documentary will help you begin to understand what we lost on that day and what we found, or must find, within ourselves and our communities to help us heal. This video includes information and tools that will help viewers explore, understand, accept, and recover from our collective and individual reactions to terrorism.
You'll hear from psychologists with expertise in working with trauma and loss and from other professionals, each reflecting on the meaning of September 11 and on how we can regain our emotional footing and reclaim hope.
As the "war on terrorism" and its uncertainties continue, the positive message of Reclaiming Hope in a Changed World remains critically important.
Reclaiming Hope in a Changed World was produced and directed by Robert Parish and was televised on PBS stations nationwide in spring 2002.
- Working With Children Who Have Experienced Neglect or Abuse
- Working With Men Survivors of Trauma and Abuse
Laura S. Brown
- Working With Women Survivors of Trauma and Abuse
Laura S. Brown
- Countertransference and the Treatment of Trauma
Constance J. Dalenberg
- Ethnocultural Aspects of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: Issues, Research, and Clinical Applications
Edited by Anthony J. Marsella, Matthew J. Friedman, Ellen T. Gerrity, and Raymond M. Scurfield
- Helping Children Cope With Disasters and Terrorism
Edited by Annette M. La Greca, Wendy K. Silverman, Eric M. Vernberg, and Michael C. Roberts
- In the Wake of 9/11: The Psychology of Terror
Tom Pyszczynski, Sheldon Solomon, and Jeff Greenberg
- Meaning Reconstruction and the Experience of Loss
Edited by Robert A. Neimeyer
- Personality-Guided Therapy for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
George S. Everly Jr. and Jeffrey M. Lating
- Psychological Assessment of Adult Posttraumatic States: Phenomenology, Diagnosis, and Measurement, Second Edition
- Psychology in the Service of National Security
Edited by A. David Mangelsdorff
- Trauma and Health: Physical Health Consequences of Exposure to Extreme Stress
Edited by Paula P. Schnurr and Bonnie L. Green
- Trauma and Substance Abuse: Causes, Consequences, and Treatment of Comorbid Disorders, Second Edition
Edited by Paige Ouimette and Jennifer P. Read
- Understanding Terrorism: Psychosocial Roots, Consequences, and Interventions
Edited by Fathali M. Moghaddam and Anthony J. Marsella
- The APA Help Center web site is the American Psychological Association's online consumer resource for articles, brochures, tips, and handouts on many psychological issues that can affect physical and emotional well-being.