Legal Risk Management for Associations
For individuals in the U.S. & U.S. territories
Legal Risk Management for Associations is intended to assist volunteers and employees who have positions of responsibility and authority for trade and professional associations in
avoiding violations of the law
protecting the future of their association
accomplishing their association's goals and objectives effectively and with increased confidence that legal problems will not interfere
The video is divided into five vignettes, each providing a broad scope of legal issues that will be useful for associations of all kinds, whether large, medium, or small in size and whether national, state, or local in focus. In addition, narration interspersed between each vignette will help the viewer determine whether the legal principle depicted in the vignette is relevant to a particular circumstance or association.
Legal Risk Management for Associations is not intended as legal advice or as a substitute for consultation with any association's legal counsel; however, it should help association volunteers and employees identify potential legal problems and seek legal assistance if needed.
- The Ethical Practice of Psychology in Organizations, Second Edition
Edited by Rodney L. Lowman
- Hollow Promises: Employment Discrimination Against People With Mental Disabilities
- Homophobia and the Law
Amy D. Ronner
- Legal Risk Management for Associations: A Legal Compliance Guide for Volunteers and Employees of Trade and Professional Associations
Jerald A. Jacobs and David W. Ogden
- The Nature of Executive Leadership: A Conceptual and Empirical Analysis of Success
Stephen J. Zaccaro
- Organizational Assessment: A Step-by-Step Guide to Effective Consulting
- Preventing Workplace Substance Abuse: Beyond Drug Testing to Wellness
Edited by Joel B. Bennett and Wayne E. K. Lehman
- Preventive Stress Management in Organizations
James Campbell Quick, Jonathan D. Quick, Debra L. Nelson, and Joseph J. Hurrell Jr.
- Unequal Rights: Discrimination Against People With Mental Disabilities and the Americans With Disabilities Act