Click on a topic below to view resources
- Consumer/Money Issues
- Decision Making
- Environmentally Friendly Behaviors
- Gender Issues
- Health & Well-being
- Improving Human Performance
- Law & Psychology
- Learning & Memory
- Product Design
Showing search results for "Safety"
- Behavior Analyses Help People Work Safer
Learn how behavior-based safety programs can help companies cut injuries and accidents through systematic observation, analysis and intervention.
- Danger Ahead: Risk Communication Leads to Healthier Living
Psychological research shows efforts to change people's judgments about the risks associated with health-related behaviors can successfully change those behaviors.
- Driven to Distraction
Learn why driving and cellphones aren’t a good mix.
- Even A Bit of Lead Is Bad For Kids' Psychological Development
Superman couldn't see through lead, but doctors and psychologists did, exposing lead's damaging effects on children's psychological development.
- Why Lime-Yellow Fire Trucks Are Safer Than Red
Human factors and ergonomics researchers have found that bright yellow vehicles are less likely to be involved in accidents.
- Making Air Travel Safer Through Crew Resource Management (CRM)
This approach prevents aviation accidents and may soon save lives in operating and emergency rooms.
- Third Brake Light Is No Third Wheel
A small design change can save lives, property and money.
- More Sleep Would Make Most Americans Happier, Healthier and Safer
Few Americans get enough sleep each night, and the consequences can be disastrous.
- The Fast and the Furious
Psychologists figure out who gets road rage and find ways to calm them down.