Click on a topic below to view resources
- Consumer/Money Issues
- Decision Making
- Environmentally Friendly Behaviors
- Gender Issues
- Health & Well-being
- Improving Human Performance
- Law & Psychology
- Learning & Memory
- Product Design
Showing search results for "Teens"
- Breakups aren't all bad: Coping strategies to promote positive outcomes
Writing about the positive aspects of a relationship's end can build empowerment and fend off negative emotions.
- Teen Suicide is Preventable
Teen suicide is a growing health concern. It is the third-leading cause of death for young people ages 15 to 24.
- Have Your Children Had Their Anti-Smoking Shots?
Attitude Inoculation dramatically reduces teenage smoking rates.
- Family-Like Environment Better for Troubled Children and Teens
The Teaching-Family Model changes bad behavior through straight talk and loving relationships.
- School Bullying is Nothing New, But Psychologists Identify New Ways to Prevent It
Systematic international research has shown school bullying to be a frequent and serious public health problem. But psychologists are using this research to develop bullying prevention programs that are being implemented in schools around the world.
- Schoolyard Blues: Impact of Gossip and Bullying
Children who are shut out at school by gossip or physical or emotional bullying face more challenges academically and socially.
- When Psychologists Teach Coaches How to Coach, Young Athletes Feel Better and Play Longer
A scientifically developed and evaluated training program shows youth sports coaches how to create positive and supportive experiences for their young athletes.
- Risky Business: Curbing Adolescent Sexual Behaviors with Interventions
Behavioral intervention programs reduce high-risk sexual behavior in adolescents.