Click on a topic below to view resources
- Consumer/Money Issues
- Decision Making
- Environmentally Friendly Behaviors
- Gender Issues
- Health & Well-being
- Improving Human Performance
- Law & Psychology
- Learning & Memory
- Product Design
Showing search results for "Workplace"
- Assessment Centers Help Companies Identify Future Managers
Psychologists transform a military method for evaluating spy candidates into an accurate predictor of managerial potential for industry and local governments.
- Behavior Analyses Help People Work Safer
Learn how behavior-based safety programs can help companies cut injuries and accidents through systematic observation, analysis and intervention.
- Improving Employment Interviews
Psychologists help transform employment interviews from a nearly worthless experience into one that does a good job of predicting job performance.
- Making Air Travel Safer Through Crew Resource Management (CRM)
This approach prevents aviation accidents and may soon save lives in operating and emergency rooms.
- Multitasking: Switching costs
Subtle "switching" costs cut efficiency, raise risk.
- Occupational Stress and Employee Control
Employee control over work can reduce stress and enhance motivation and growth. Several key findings have prompted employers to search for ways to give workers a greater sense of control, to improve health, productivity and morale.
- Pushing Buttons: The Invention of the Phone Keypad
Human factors redesigns the phone.
- The Truth About Lie Detectors (aka Polygraph Tests)
Most psychologists agree that there is little evidence that polygraph tests can accurately detect lies.
- When the Boss is a Woman
Men and women are equally effective in settings that match gender roles.
- Who is the Best Person for the Job?
Psychologists find a way to link individual differences with success in the workplace.