Data Acquisition, Management, Sharing and Ownership
This site is designed as a central location for the viewing and retrieving shared data archives relevant to psychological science. Additionally, the site provides links to relevant U.S. federal policies and non-governmental organizations involved in data sharing and archiving.
- NIH Data Sharing Policy
Effective Oct. 1, 2003, all National Institutes of Health funded research (>$500K) must have a plan to address the sharing and archiving of data.
- NSF Data Sharing Policy (PDF, 233B) See article 44.
The National Science Foundation "expects its awardees to share results of NSF-assisted research and education projects with others both within and outside the scientific and engineering research and education community."
- NSF Data Archiving Policy — Division of Social and Economic Sciences
- Recommendations on Public Use Data Files (PDF, 25KB) — National Human Subjects Protection Advisory Committee
Committee on Data for Science and Technology International, interdisciplinary committee on data for science and technology
- USNC CODATA (U.S. National Committee to CODATA)
- CODATA Working Group on Data Archiving
An interagency working group of senior Scientific and Technical Information Managers from nine U.S. Federal Agencies (e.g., Commerce, Energy, EPA, Defense, NASA, National Libraries, Interior)
The International Council for Scientific and Technical Information, offers a unique forum for interaction between organizations that create, disseminate and use scientific and technical information.