Psychological Science Agenda
A publication of the Science Directorate
December 2006 |Vol. 20, No. 11
SCIENCE BRIEFSSteven Breckler, PhD
"Supporting and Advancing the Careers of Scientists" was the theme of the Science Leadership Conference in 2006.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR'S COLUMN
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE
- Past Participants' Perspectives on the APA Advanced Training Institutes
Past attendees of the Science Directorate's Advanced Training Institutes comment on their experiences.
By Nicolle Singer
- Will you be the Psi Chi Member who goes to Washington?
The placement of an undergraduate Psi Chi member as an intern in the Science Directorate office is a great opportunity for an undergraduate student to get a taste for how a national science organization deals with issues like IRBs, research funding, testing and assessment, and animal research concerns.
- The SciLC Poster Session
The Second Annual Science Leadership conference held a poster presentation that highlighted the research of 22 early career research psychologists in the field of psychological science.
By Stephanie R. Johnson
- Meet the 2006 APA Dissertation Research Award Recipients!
This year, thirty-nine students received a total of $50,000 in awards from the Science Directorate.
By Nicolle Singer
- APA Science Student Council Early Researcher Award Winners Announced
While the APASSC ordinarily grants two $1000 awards --one for basic science and one for applied science--the pool of applicants was so impressive this year that four awards were given--two for basic science, and two for applied science.
By Jane Barrow
- Culture of Service Awards Presented to Newcombe, Balster, Davidson College and the University of Minnesota
By Suzanne Wandersman
- NIH Says Electronic Grant Submission Works for MacIntosh and Windows Users
On February 5, 2007, all who apply for NIH's individual project grants (R01s) will be required to apply electronically.
- Secretaries Chertoff and Rice Tap Roxane Cohen Silver for New Advisory Committee
By Geoff Mumford
- December 2006 Announcements
Call for Nominations for the 2007 APA Science Student Council (APASSC); Applications Available for Undergraduate Summer Science Programs; APA Invites Applications for 2007-2008 Science Policy Fellowship; Call for Nominations: Meritorious Research Service Commendation; Call for Nominations: Neal Miller Distinguished Lecture; Call for Nominations: Master Lecturers and Distinguished Scientist Lecturers
Science Policy Insider News (SPIN)
Keep up with policy issues that affect psychological science at the national level.
Read the latest issue of SPIN