Psychological Science Agenda
Science BriefPeter J. Gianaros
From the Executive Director
- Undergraduate students – Apply now to APA Summer Research program
The American Psychological Association’s Science Directorate is pleased to announce that the application period for the 2011 Summer Science Fellowships (SSF) is now open.
- Updated Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing is released for public comment
New version includes enhanced coverage of test fairness, educational accountability, workplace testing, and technology.
By Wayne Camara and Marianne Ernesto
- APA science boards and committees: 2011 members
Governance groups guide APA’s science activities and seek input from the broader psychological community.
- Announcing the 2010 APA Dissertation Research Award recipients
Over 40 graduate students receive funding for their research.
- Three selected for 2010 APA Early Graduate Student Researcher Award
Awards support students’ research in the initial years of their graduate training.
- Psychologists receive Presidential Early Career Awards
Awardees recognized for their scientific achievements and promise.
- Cognitive psychologist John Anderson wins Benjamin Franklin Medal
Researcher is honored for contributions to cognitive modeling and computer-based education.
From the Science Student Council
- Sharing the STEM: What I learned as a graduate student participant at the Science Leadership Conference
There’s much we can do to build public understanding of psychological science.
By Hallie Bregman
- APA announces Advanced Training Institutes for summer 2011
- Master Lecturers and Distinguished Scientist Lecturers: Call for nominations
- Meritorious Research Service Commendation: Call for nominations
- Departmental and Individual Culture of Service Awards: Call for nominations
- Graduate students – Apply now for an APA Convention Student Travel Award
- Quantitative Training for Underrepresented Groups: Call for applications
- APA award for psychology librarians: Call for nominations