Psychological Science Agenda
Science BriefSuzanne Segerstrom
- Science Showcase at the 2011 APA Convention: Call for submissions
Present a live demonstration of your research to a broad audience.
- How to advance psychology as a STEM discipline: Proposals from the APA Science Leadership Conference
Conference participants recommend goals and activities for APA and the entire psychological science community.
- APA seeks comments on revised Guidelines for Ethical Conduct in the Care and Use of Nonhuman Animals in Research
New version reflects latest policies for ensuring welfare of nonhuman animals.
- APA Library and Archives receive physical and virtual upgrades
Focus on digital preservation and access enhances records of APA history and services for staff, members, and scholars.
By Dan Hanlon
Government Relations Update
- NIH task force begins planning for new addictions institute
APA presses for an open reorganization process with input from external scientists.
By Geoff Mumford
- National Science Foundation: New director, new directions, new challenges
Opportunities for psychology are encouraging but budget remains uncertain.
By Heather O'Beirne Kelly
From The Science Student Council
- Feedback loops: The importance of student-advisor communication
Communicate with your advisor to know where you stand, where you are going, and how to get there.
By Michael Dunbar
- APA announces Advanced Training Institutes for summer 2011
- Departmental and Individual Culture of Service Awards: Call for nominations
- Graduate students – Apply now for an APA Convention Student Travel Award
- APA Minority Fellowship Program sponsors Psychology Summer Institute
- Comments sought on the revised Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing
- 2012 APA Distinguished Scientific Awards program: Call for nominations
- Research ethics conference to focus on social, behavioral, and educational research