Psychological Science Agenda
- Institute of Medicine calls for expanded federal support for LGBT health research
Initial response by federal officials is positive.
Government Relations Update
- Federal budget update
Check APA’s new blog for up-to-date news on the federal research budget.
- NIH delays draft plan for reorganizing addictions research
Draft is now expected in late summer.
By Geoff Mumford
- APA and Friends of NIDA hold congressional briefing on marijuana research
Researchers report on progress in understanding and treating marijuana dependence.
By Christine Jamieson
- Lana Shekim of the National Institute on Deafness & Other Communication Disorders
NIDCD official highlights funding opportunities for behavioral scientists.
From the Committee on Human Research
- Incidental findings in research with human participants: Ethical challenges for psychologists
Researchers are advised to plan in advance how they will report and respond to incidental findings.