Psychological Science Agenda
- 2011 APA Distinguished Scientific Award recipients
Both senior and early career researchers are recognized for major contributions to psychological science.
- Congratulations to the 2011 Student Travel Award winners
More than 100 students received awards to help with travel to the 2011 APA Convention in Washington.
- American Psychologist publishes special issue on climate change
New peer-reviewed articles update APA’s 2009 task force report.
Government Relations Update
- APA recommends against proposed federal lab animal research policy
Public Health Service is urged not to adopt 8th edition of the Guide.
By Sangeeta Panicker
- First in a 2011 series: New congressional attacks on behavioral science
House Science subcommittee holds hearing on NSF’s SBE Directorate.
By Heather O'Beirne Kelly
- Fed chief Bernanke endorses government support of basic research
Speech provides arguments for advocates of increased funding for NSF, NIH, and other science agencies.
- NIMH asks for feedback on new approach to classifying mental disorders
- APA Federal Budget Blog
- Paige Green-McDonald of the National Cancer Institute
Official discusses NCI’s approach to supporting basic and applied behavioral science.
From The Science Student Council
- The kind of future that we want for our scientists
It is never too early for graduate students to begin advocating for better career opportunities in science.
By Gabriel Lázaro-Muñoz