Psychological Science Agenda
From the Executive Director
- Depression and obesity will be first topics of APA clinical treatment guidelines
Nominations invited for depression guideline panel.
By Howard Kurtzman and Lynn Bufka
- Call for nominations: Clinical Treatment Guideline Development Panel - Depressive Disorders Across the Lifespan
- Study finds racial disparity in NIH funding
APA offers recommendations and assistance, will monitor NIH’s response.
- Sign up for APA/NIA webinar on new Alzheimer’s disease guidelines
Learn how the new Alzheimer’s Guidelines may affect your research and practice.
- Deadline is extended for comments on proposed federal changes in human research protections
New deadline is October 26, 2011.
- APA and George Mason University host 2011 Summer Science Fellowship program
Twelve advanced undergraduates were placed in psychological research labs and received advocacy and professional development training.
By Bree Gunter
Government Relations Update
- Psychologist Jerry Suls featured at Capitol Hill briefing
Research on psychological impact of disasters is highlighted.
- NIH asks for input on future of scientific workforce
- NIH seeks comments on sharing of human brain imaging and related psychological data
From The Science Student Council
- Advocating for science: A role for graduate students
Why science advocacy matters for graduate students and what you can do to get involved.
By Michael Dunbar