Psychological Science Agenda
Science BriefJoseph Henrich
- Science Leadership Conference participants talk about substance abuse research on Capitol Hill
Psychologists receive training, then advocate for science to their Congressional representatives.
- Margarita Alegría elected to Institute of Medicine
Psychologist investigates disparities in mental health and substance abuse services.
- Spatial cognition researcher wins Presidential Early Career Award
Tad Brunye is honored at White House.
- Psychologist is recipient of IOM’s Sarnat Prize in Mental Health
Ellen Frank and William Bunney are honored for research on mood disorders.
Government Relations Update
- NSF report charts future directions in behavioral and social sciences
Analysis builds on 252 white papers submitted by research community.
- NIDCD invites public comment on strategic plan
- APA Federal Budget Blog
From The Science Student Council
- The psychology of “me”: The pros and cons of research ideas that are central to the self
How much of "you" should go into your research?
By David R. Kille
- Call for applications: Mentorship program for graduate students and post-docs at 2012 APA Convention
- 2012 International Congress of Psychology travel grants
- Summer research grants for underrepresented groups in neuroscience
- APAGS grant for graduate students in basic science
- McGuigan Early Career Investigator Prize: Call for nominations