Psychological Science Agenda
- A year of progress: APA works to advance psychology as a STEM discipline
Initiatives in 2011 encompass federal advocacy, public education, multi-disciplinary training, treatment guidelines and K-12 education
By Howard Kurtzman
- New focus on K-12 education in the behavioral and social sciences
Goals and challenges for expanding curricula are identified at NRC meeting.
- BSA: Advancing psychological science in a bad economy
Report from the fall 2011 meeting of the APA Board of Scientific Affairs.
By Jalie A. Tucker
- Ungerleider and Mishkin win 2012 Grawemeyer Award
Researchers pioneered idea of two visual systems in the brain’s cortex.
- The case of Diederik Stapel
Allegations of scientific fraud by prominent Dutch social psychologist are investigated by multiple universities.
By Mieke Verfaellie and Jenna McGwin
- A psychologist and two departments receive 2011 APA Distinguished Service Awards
Awards recognize sustained service to the discipline.
- APA awards 2011 Meritorious Research Service Commendations
Psychologists recognized for advancing psychological science and its applications.
- Announcing the 2011 APA Dissertation Research Award recipients
More than 50 graduate students receive funding for their research.
- Winners of 2011 APF/COGDOP Graduate Research Scholarships are announced
Awards support research by talented students in psychological science.
Government Relations Update
From The Science Student Council
- Brain-centric: A role for neuroscience in psychology
Training as a psychological brain scientist can prepare you for the research demands of the future
By Natale Sciolino
- APA Executive Branch Science Fellowship Program: Applications due in January
- Deadline extended: Call for nominations for Committee on Human Research
Scientists with interests in human research protections are sought for APA panel.
- Undergraduate students — apply now to APA summer research program
- Call for nominations: Master Lecturers and Distinguished Scientist Lecturers
- McGuigan Early Career Investigator Prize: Call for nominations