Psychological Science Agenda
- APA summer Advanced Training Institutes on data mining and other emerging methodologies
This year’s offerings focus on computational methods and diversity research.
- Three selected for 2011 APA Early Graduate Student Researcher Award
Awards recognize scientific achievements of psychology graduate students.
- APA Science Boards and Committees: 2012 members
Scientists guide APA’s policies and programs.
- New federal lab animal policy is adopted despite scientists’ concerns
Public Health Service will enforce 8th edition of the Guide.
- Deadline extended: Call for nominations for Committee on Human Research
Scientists with interests in human research protections are sought for APA panel.
- APA seeks comments on revised ethical guidelines for high school research projects
Guidelines advise students and teachers on conduct of research with human participants.
Government Relations Update
- Looking back on the 2012 budget: Looking forward to 2013
Federal research funding escapes major cuts so far.
- PCORI seeks input on assessing research design
Agency’s framework will guide future funding of comparative effectiveness research.
From the Science Student Council
- Taking a break: How to transition out of and back into academic life
Learning to take time off from graduate student life can lead to improved productivity.
By Rachel Manes
- Undergraduate students — apply now to APA summer research program
- Call for nominations: Master Lecturers and Distinguished Scientist Lecturers
- McGuigan Early Career Investigator Prize: Call for nominations
- Meritorious Research Service Commendation: Call for nominations
- Nominate your department or colleague for an APA Culture of Service Award
- APA Leadership Institute for Women in Psychology
- Genetics for behavioral and social scientists: Web-based educational program is launched