Psychological Science Agenda
Science BriefMara Mather and Matthew Sutherland
- APA calls for flexible implementation of new federal lab animal policy
Concerns about costs and interpretation of new Guide are raised.
- APA responds to first draft of National Framework for Alzheimer’s Disease
Comments emphasize psychologists' contributions to Alzheimer’s research, assessment, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Speakers selected for 2012 APA Distinguished Scientist Lectures
Leona Aiken, Warren Bickel, and Howard Rachlin to be featured at regional conferences.
- Nominations invited for APA boards and committees
- APA summer Advanced Training Institutes on data mining and other emerging methodologies
This year’s offerings focus on computational methods and diversity research.
Government Relations Update
- NIH seeks input on how to increase diversity of research workforce
Effort responds to finding of racial disparity in grant success.
- PCORI releases draft research priorities for public comment
New health research agency puts forward a broad strategy.
- Openings for early career reviewers at NIH
Prior grant review experience is not required.
- NIH invites scientists’ views in multiple research domains
Provide comments on research plans for substance abuse, Alzheimer’s, Fragile X, and use of chimpanzees.
- APA Federal Budget Blog
From the Science Student Council
- Dual graduate careers: How to manage a shared scientific track with your partner
How to deal with the unique stresses that result when both partners attend the same graduate program.
By Gina Fernandez
- Call for nominations: Master Lecturers and Distinguished Scientist Lecturers
- McGuigan Early Career Investigator Prize: Call for nominations
- Meritorious Research Service Commendation: Call for nominations
- APA Leadership Institute for Women in Psychology
- Early career basic scientists: Apply for Convention travel awards
- Graduate students: Apply now for an APA Convention Student Travel Award
- Nominate your department or colleague for an APA Culture of Service Award
- Jacobs Research Prize for child and adolescent research: Call for nominations
- Conference on Team Science