Psychological Science Agenda
Science BriefThomas Kamarck
- APA and Boston’s Museum of Science team up for psychology exhibit at USA Science Expo
Interactive exhibit educates children and adults about cognitive development research.
- BSA: Multidisciplinary research – A critical place for developing psychological science
Report from the spring 2012 meeting of the APA Board of Scientific Affairs.
By Kathleen Y. Haaland
- APA issues reports on immigration and diversity
Presidential task forces examine research on public policy issues.
- Psychologists win National Academy of Sciences awards
Recipients honored for achievements in cognitive psychology and neuroscience.
- Treatment guideline panel for depression is appointed
Group of 11 scientists and clinicians will lead development of APA guideline.
- APA to establish treatment guideline panels for obesity and PTSD
Nominations invited for two new guideline groups.
- Call for nominations: Clinical Treatment Guideline Development Panel - Obesity Across the Lifespan
- Call for nominations: Clinical Treatment Guideline Development Panel - PTSD Across the Lifespan
Government Relations Update
- APA Executive Director for Science testifies before Congress on FY 2013 budgets for NSF, NASA, and DOJ
Steven Breckler encourages subcommittee to increase funding for psychological research.
- APA comments on National Plan to Address Alzheimer’s Disease
Comments include a call for research that links identification of biomarkers with cognitive and behavioral markers.
- APA Federal Budget Blog
- Animal research: The bigger picture and why we need psychologists to speak out
Report on chimpanzees draws new attention to the role of animal research.
By Allyson J. Bennett