Psychological Science Agenda
From the Executive Director
- Answering the call, again
A major new opportunity at the National Science Foundation.
- Treatment guideline panels for obesity and PTSD are named
APA’s guidelines to be drafted by multidisciplinary groups of scientists and clinicians.
- NIH abandons plan to replace NIDA and NIAAA with new institute
NIH Director Francis Collins announced in mid-November that NIH would pursue only a functional rather than a structural integration of substance use, abuse and addiction research
- Irving Gottesman wins Grawemeyer psychology award
Scientist is honored for work on the genetics of mental disorders.
- APA awards 2012 Meritorious Research Service Commendations
Two federal psychologists are recognized for promoting research programs in psychology and health.
- Winners selected for 2012 APA Early Graduate Student Researcher Awards
Awards will support students’ continued research and training.
- Students win 2012 APF/COGDOP Graduate Research Scholarships
Awards provide research funds to promising students in psychological science.