Psychological Science Agenda
Science BriefMarta Biarnes and Becki Kipling
Living Laboratory® offers a new model for building public understanding of psychology as a STEM discipline.
- Peter Salovey elected to Institute of Medicine
Yale president is known for work on emotional intelligence.
Government Relations Update
- APA Federal Budget Blog
Read the latest post.
From the APA Science Student Council
- Graduate student funding: How to find and apply for grants and awards
Take a systematic approach and be persistent.
By Jason Fuchs
- APA Executive Branch Science Fellowship Program: Call for applications
Come spend a year in Washington, D.C. as an American Psychological Association Executive Branch Science Fellow.
- APA Summer Science Fellowships for undergraduates
Science highlights from the November Monitor
Design in mind
Psychologists can help to design smart, sustainable spaces for the 21st century.
Music as medicine
Researchers are exploring how music therapy can improve health outcomes among a variety of patient populations, including premature infants and people with depression and Parkinson’s disease.
Psychologists' research uncovering the link between stress and asthma is leading to better interventions for asthma sufferers.
That's just rude
Psychologists are finding that boorish behavior can have a lasting effect on well-being.
Research by psychologists is pinpointing ways to improve student writing.
Taking a broad view of addiction
Nancy M. Petry, incoming editor of Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, will continue a tradition of going beyond substance abuse research.
A growth lab for psychology
Thoughtful, cutting-edge reviews will ensure that Psychological Bulletin continues to move psychology forward in ways that help social science and the public, says incoming editor Dolores Albarracín.
- No such thing as ‘right-brained’ or ‘left-brained,’ new research finds
- Babies’ language learning mirrors birdsong
- Musical judges value sight over sound, study finds
- APA congressional briefing emphasizes the value of animal research
- APA-funded projects emphasize a multidisciplinary approach
- Profiling may lead to increase in illicit behavior
Snapshots of recently published findings.
Full November issue of the Monitor