Psychological Science Agenda
APA Special Report
Clinical practice guidelines
- Psychologist with expertise in health behaviors or physical health sought for APA Clinical Practice Guideline steering committee
Deadline for nominations is Feb. 28, 2014.
- Lisa Feldman Barrett and Frederick Leong receive APA Distinguished Service Awards
- Connecticut College and Morgan State University psychology departments win APA Departmental Service Awards
- Christine Hunter and Belinda Sims receive APA Meritorious Research Service Commendations
- Recipients selected for 2013 APA Early Graduate Student Researcher Award
- Applications now being accepted for late-breaking poster session at APA convention
The deadline waits for the data: Science-oriented graduate students have until March 1 to submit a poster for 2014 Washington, D.C., gathering.
- Mentorship program for graduate students and postdocs at 2014 APA convention
Application deadline is March 15, 2014.
- APA Science boards and committees: 2014 members
These scientists help shape APA's policies and programs.
Government Relations Update
- NIH releases new funding announcements aimed at enhancing diversity
Addressing racial disparities in the U.S. health research workforce.
- APA Federal Budget Blog
Read the latest post.
From the science student council
- Reviewing Early Graduate Student Researcher Award applications
An opportunity to experience the other side of the process.
By Patty X. Kuo
PSA is the monthly e-newsletter of the APA Science Directorate. It is read by psychologists, students, academic administrators, journalists and policymakers in Congress and federal science agencies.
Science highlights from the January Monitor
Mandatory budget cuts are imperiling psychological research, present and future.
Standing together for science
Steven J. Breckler on APA's advocacy for science.
New research by psychologists uncovers the health risks of loneliness and the benefits of strong social connections.
Retiring minds want to know
What's the key to a smooth retirement? Tend to your psychological portfolio as much as your financial one, researchers say.
Learning from cases of research misconduct
Two fictional scenarios explore plagiarism and fabrication or falsification of data.
Uniting psychology for the future
APA President Nadine J. Kaslow's goals include translating psychological science for the public.
- Social sciences research is critical for ‘a safer, stronger America'
- Special section looks at challenges of classifying mental health disorders
- What fosters peace? New research offers new insights.
Snapshots of recently published findings.
Full January issue of the Monitor