- PsycINFO Databases & Technical Support
- Convention & Conferences
- Education & Continuing Education
Your problem may have to do with your computer settings. Please visit the Database Help Center to troubleshoot. If you still have difficulty, e-mail us.
1. Make sure your Internet browser is set to allow “cookies.” The APA Web site depends on cookies to keep track of your log-in status, your access level, and other essential information. Also, make sure your computer’s “firewall” program (if you have one) does not block cookies.
2. Clear your Internet browser “cache” (cache is a collection of folders holding temporary files created as you visit Web sites). Sometimes your Internet browser retains an incomplete version of a temporary file, which prevents you from accessing the complete version until you have cleared the cache. To clear the cache in Internet Explorer, go to the Tools menu, then to Internet Options, then to the General tab, then click the 'Delete' button under the “Browsing History” section. There you can click the ’Delete Files' button. In other browsers, you will typically find it in the "Options," "Privacy," or "Security" settings. You can always use your browser’s “help” function to locate instructions on clearing the cache.
3. If you have an active pop-up blocker, you may need to turn it off—or set it to allow pop-ups from "apa.org" and "psycinfo.com.” All PsycARTICLES documents open and display in a new browser window, which is sometimes recognized by your pop-up blocker as a pop-up window. Pop-up blockers are built into most browsers; however, many toolbar add-ons also include pop-up blockers (e.g., Google Toolbar, Yahoo! Toolbar). Be sure to check both locations. For more information about disabling pop-up blockers, please visit this Web page: Pop-up Blockers.
4. An older version of Adobe Acrobat Reader will frequently cause trouble. Update to the latest version compatible with your computer’s operating system. Click on the link above—the download is free.
5. If you have done all of the above steps and cannot find the article you purchased, please make sure that you have logged into your MyPsycNET® account. Your articles will be saved to this personalized account for a year.