Section 13. Other Administrative Positions
These positions often involve managerial responsibilities in a business, government or nonprofit association that cannot be described as the direct administration of educational, research or human services or other applied psychology activities. These positions may be related to psychology, such as administration of government programs related to research funding, management of programs concerned with psychological issues in a nonprofit association and personnel administration. There were 85 respondents at the doctoral level in 1997.
The largest single proportion was employed in business/industry settings (32%), followed by government settings (24%), and other non-profit organizations (16%). Sixteen percent of respondents also were employed in health care settings. Although scattered across a variety of settings, most of these respondents could be found outside academia.
Industrial/organizational psychology was the subfield of 35% of the respondents, followed by clinical psychology (26%). Counseling psychologists were represented at 6%. Five percent reported experimental psychology as their major field.
The overall 11-12-month salary for doctoral-level respondents in other administrative positions was $72,000. Not surprisingly for a catch-all category, the range of salaries was quite large. The mean of $96,459 and standard deviation of $83,542 indicates that the range of reported salaries extended from the mid-thirties to well over $100,000.
- Section 1. Faculty Positions
- Section 2. Educational Administration
- Section 3. Research Positions
- Section 4 Administration of Research
- Section 5. Direct Human Services - Clinical (Licensed)
- Section 6. Direct Human Services - Counseling (Licensed)
- Section 7. Direct Human Services - School (Licensed)
- Section 8. Direct Human Services - Other Psychological Subfields (Licensed)
- Section 9. Administration of Human Services
- Section 10. Applied Psychology Positions (Industrial/Organizational Psychology)
- Section 11. Applied Psychology Positions (Other Psychology)
- Section 12. Administration of Applied Psychology
- Section 13. Other Administrative Positions
- Section 14. Masters - Level Respondents
- Section 15. Doctoral-Level Salaries by Sex, Race/Ethnicity and Years of Work Experience
- Section 16. Doctoral-Level Salaries For Selected Positions
- Section 17. Impacts of Managed Care on Net Income Since 1996