FBI Honors Internship Program
The FBI Honors Internship Program offers undergraduate and graduate school students an exciting insider's view of FBI operations and provides an opportunity to explore the many career opportunities within the Bureau. The Honors Internship Program brings students to work at FBI Headquarters in Washington, D.C.. FBI Honors Interns can look forward to ten extremely rewarding and interesting weeks. You'll be working side-by-side with Special Agents and Professional Staff personnel on important cases and management issues. You'll feel like you're a part of the Bureau...because you are.
Honors Interns are assigned to an FBI Headquarters division based on their academic discipline, potential contribution to the division, and the needs of the FBI. For instance, Honors Interns whose discipline is in the physical sciences may be assigned to the FBI's Laboratory Division in nearby Quantico, Virginia. Honors Interns whose discipline is in information technology may be assigned to the FBI's Cyber Division or one of the FBI's IT divisions. All Honors Interns are under the supervision of the head (i.e., Assistant Director) of their assigned division.
Due to the very selective and highly competitive nature of the FBI Honors Internship Program, a limited number of internships are awarded each summer. Only individuals possessing strong academic credentials, outstanding character, a high degree of motivation, and the willingness to represent the FBI upon returning to their respective campuses will be selected. In order to be considered, individuals must meet all of the following qualifications at the time they apply:
- Candidates must be attending a college or university that is accredited by one of the regional or national institutional associations recognized by the United States Secretary of Education
- Undergraduate students must be in their junior or senior year, attending a college or university full-time
- Graduate students must be enrolled in a college or university, attending full-time
- All applicants must be returning to their respective schools for at least one semester immediately following the completion of the internship
- Students must have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale and be in good standing with their academic institution
- Candidates must be citizens of the United States
- Candidates must meet all FBI Employment Requirements, be able to pass an FBI Background Investigation, and receive a Top Secret Security Clearance