March 2015 |Vol. 15, No. 2
For Division Leaders
- Meet Division Services staff: Christine Chambers, membership marketing manager
Learn more about Christine, who handles membership services and marketing and is account manager for 14 divisions.
- New reporting tool on division membership added to APA member data portal
Access data on APA and division memberships through your MyAPA page on the APA website.
- Division profiles for 2014 are posted
The APA Center for Workforce Studies has prepared demographic profiles for each division.
- Legal & finance tips for divisions
How does antitrust law apply to psychologists?
- Tech tip: How to change your email for a division distribution list
Instructions to help you update your subscription settings.
- For Division Leaders
Resources provided by APA for division officers and leaders: help with administrative services, newsletters, Handbook for Division Officers, calendars by APA office, financial services/division treasurer information, and division demographic profiles.
- Contact Division Services
APA staff and members of the Committee on Division/APA Relations are here to help divisions and division leaders.
Conferences and Events
- Ethical Issues and Diagnostic Mandates in an Era of Integrated Care
The third annual APA Professional Development Training Institute, hosted at the APA building in Washington, D.C., offers 14 CE credits.
- American Educational Research Association 2015 Annual Meeting
The 2015 Annual Meeting, held in Chicago, April 16-20, will focus on justice, in the spirit of mutual respect and collaborative engagement with our disciplines and modes of inquiry in the context of the world around us.
- American Psychology-Law Society Preconference Workshop
Earn 3.5 or 7.5 CE credits by attending a full-day or half-day continuing education preconference workshop at the Div. 41 annual meeting, March 18, 2015, in San Diego.
APA Seeks Nominations for 2015 Awards
- Distinguished Contributions to Education and Training in Psychology (includes career designation)
This award recognizes specific contributions in education and training.
- Distinguished Contributions of Applications of Psychology to Education and Training
This award recognizes psychologists for evidence-based applications of psychology to education.
- APA Award for Distinguished Scientific Contributions
The APA Award for Distinguished Scientific Contributions honors psychologists who have made distinguished theoretical or empirical contributions to basic research in psychology.
- APA Distinguished Scientific Award for the Applications of Psychology
The APA Distinguished Scientific Award for the Applications of Psychology honors psychologists who have made distinguished theoretical or empirical advances in psychology leading to the understanding or amelioration of important practical problems.
- APA Distinguished Scientific Awards for an Early Career Contribution to Psychology
This award recognizes excellent psychologists who are at early stages of their research careers.
- Award for Distinguished Professional Contributions to Applied Research
This award is given to a psychologist whose research has led to important discoveries or developments in the field of applied psychology.
- Award for Distinguished Contributions to Independent Practice
The award is intended to recognize outstanding independent practitioners in psychology.
- Award for Distinguished Professional Contributions to Institutional Practice
The award is intended to recognize outstanding practitioners in psychology.
- APA/APAGS Award for Distinguished Graduate Student In Professional Psychology
This award honors a graduate student who has demonstrated outstanding practice and application of psychology.
- Award for Distinguished Contributions to Psychology in the Public Interest
This award recognizes people who have advanced psychology as a science and/or profession by a single extraordinary achievement or a lifetime of outstanding contributions in the public interest.
- Award for Distinguished Contributions to Research in Public Policy
This award honors a psychologist who has made a distinguished empirical and/or theoretical contribution to research in public policy, either through a single extraordinary achievement or a lifetime of work.
- APA Award for Distinguished Contributions to the International Advancement of Psychology
This award honors an individual who has made sustained and enduring contributions to international cooperation and the advancement of knowledge in psychology.
- APA International Humanitarian Award
This APA award recognizes extraordinary humanitarian service and activism by a psychologist or a team of psychologists, including professional and/or volunteer work conducted primarily in the field with underserved populations.
Call for Nominations/Awards
- American Psychological Foundation (APF)
APF provides financial support for innovative research and programs that enhance the power of psychology to elevate the human condition and advance human potential both now and in generations to come.
From APA Directorates
- APA directorate updates
These updates are provided as possible content for sharing in division newsletters, websites, mailing lists, social networking, etc.
The Next Dialogue
The next issue of Division Dialogue will be published May 11, 2015. To submit content pertinent to divisions and division leaders, email Keith Cooke by April 24, 2015. See our instructions for more information.