Psychology Student Network
A publication of the Education Directorate
January 2013 |Vol. 1, No. 1
Some little-known tips on securing your first job
In This Issue
- Welcome to the first issue of the Psychology Student Network
Reaching out to APA’s student affiliates, the future of psychology
- Study smart
Make the most of your study time by spacing out when you study, mixing up the subjects, and testing yourself.
- Preparing to present your poster at a technical conference?
Be prepared to present a conference poster
- Applying to Grad School
Graduate programs differ in the students admitted, faculty composition and available financial resources. Programs may focus on training clinicians or preparing students for academia or applied research. Programs that are great for some are poor fits for others. Focus on finding the right fit for you.
- Are you prepared to pay for graduate school?
How to figure out funding your graduate education
By Eddy Ameen, PhD, and Nabil El-Ghoroury, PhD
- Financial Assistance Information
- Four ways that APAGS represents undergraduate students
APAGS is an advocate for undergraduate psychology students
By Eddy Ameen, PhD
- APA Summer Science Fellowships for undergraduates
- Summer opportunities for students
Links to research and internship opportunities for undergraduate and high school students
- Jobs at APA
- 2013 meetings of the regional psychological associations
Highlights and locations for the upcoming meetings of regional psychological associations
- APA Convention
News, program highlights, registration and housing information, and activities listings for the American Psychological Association's Annual Convention in Toronto, Aug. 6-9, 2015.
- APA Social Media and Mobile Apps
The APA uses social media to share its research, policies and other information with members and the public. The following are APA’s official social media sites.