Spotlight on Disability Newsletter
A publication of the Office on Disability Issues in Psychology
March 2015 |Vol. 7, No. 1
In This Issue
- Adolescents with traumatic brain injury (TBI)
Working with students transitioning back to school after a TBI.
By Kathie Martin and Carrie Pilarski, PhD
- Returning to driving following a TBI
Highlights of an innovative driving rehabilitation program.
By Natasha Huffine, MS, and Kara Christy, MS
- TBI model systems of care
An overview of 16 national leaders in patient care and clinical research.
By Amanda Childs, PhD, and Tamara Bushnik, PhD
- TBI and identity
The unmaking and remaking of the self.
By Sonya Kim, PhD
- Posttraumatic growth (PTG) following TBI
More researchers have begun to examine PTG among people with traumatic brain injury.
By Yuen Shan Christine Lee, PhD
- The effect of traumatic brain injury on caregivers
Dealing with grief, coping with changes and looking toward the future.
By Rachael Goldsworthy
Committee on Disability Issues in Psychology
- Introducing a recently published book by CDIP member Dana Dunn, PhD
A summary of Dunn's book "The Social Psychology of Disability."
By Ritu Verma