The APA Practice Directorate provides resources for practitioners in diverse settings.
- APA Help Center
Resilience Guide for Parents & Teachers
Children may face such problems as adapting to a new classroom or being bullied by classmates. Teachers can help them build resilience.
Evidence-Based Practice in Psychology
Evidence-based practice is the integration of the best available research with clinical expertise in the context of patient characteristics, culture and preferences.
Training Grid — Outlining Best Practices for Recovery
This grid identifies appropriate interventions and provides contact information for experts on specific interventions and identifies needed advanced clinical training initiatives.
Colleague Assistance and Self-care
Documents about how psychologists can help others with stress, burnout and other impairments, and how they can take care of themselves.
- Resilience in a time of war: Homecoming
- Policy Related to Psychologists' Work in National Security Settings and Reaffirmation of the APA Position Against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman, or Degrading Treatment or Punishment
- APA Guidelines for Practitioners
- Integrating Primary Care and Behavioral Health Services: A Compass and a Horizon (PDF, 233KB)
- What do Psychologists Need to Know to Help Family Caregivers?