PsycARTICLES® is a robust database offering complete access to the full text of more than 100 landmark journals in behavioral science and related fields ranging from education, to nursing, to business, to neuroscience.
What you can expect from PsycARTICLES
- Full-text journal articles – current issue back to volume 1, issue 1 for most titles, creating over a century of psychology coverage with articles from as early as 1894
- All APA published journals plus those from the Canadian Psychological Association and English-language journals from Hogrefe Publishing Group
- Complete coverage of all subject areas relevant to psychological science including basic/experimental psychology, clinical psychology, developmental psychology, education and school psychology, health psychology, industrial/organizational psychology, social psychology and social processes
- Articles selected in a meticulous peer review process
- Consistently ranked among the top psychology and social science journals
- Published under the governance of esteemed scholars and scientists
- Entire catalog of peer-reviewed journals with a long history of fine scholarship and rigorous research
- Participation in the CrossRef CrossCheck program to guard against plagiarism
- Full linking to works cited and to other works by same author
- Cited By links to trace the genealogy of a body of work
- Both HTML and PDF from 1985 forward to facilitate finding key content quickly
- Email alerts and RSS feeds to stay current
|Database Type||Full text|
|Record Type||Peer-reviewed journal articles|
|Number of Records||More than 187,330 full-text articles|
|Record Format||HTML and PDF (PDF only for historical content from 1894–1984)|
The PsycARTICLES® database is produced and copyrighted by the American Psychological Association (APA). All rights reserved.
Information current as of March 2015
Individual access to PsycARTICLES can be obtained in the following ways:
- Subscription Access – PsycARTICLES is included in a subscription to APA PsycNET® Gold, APA PsycNET Gold Plus, and APA PsycNET Platinum. Each subscription package provides comprehensive access to quality research at an affordable price.
- On-Demand Access – search the database and browse the tables of contents and abstracts at no charge, pay only to download full-text articles.
Institutional access to PsycARTICLES can be obtained by a site license through the following vendors:
- American Psychological Association / APA PsycNET
- Hogrefe Publishing Group
- Ovid Technologies
Other Information for institutions:
Learn more about searching PsycARTICLES. Take a look at our:
A variety of additional training materials and tools are available from our Search Help and Training Center.
Tips & Training
- Webinar Training – sessions for students and faculty, librarians and individual subscribers
- Video Tutorials – for APA Databases on APA PsycNET, EBSCOhost, ProQuest and OvidSP
- Podcasts – audio summaries of research recently added to PsycEXTRA, PsycBOOKS and PsycCRITIQUES (also available from iTunes)
- Search Guides – platform-specific training materials, including Quick Reference Guides
- Search Lessons – sample search lessons guide the user through database functionality or sample searches, in PDF and video
- Topic Guides – tips for searching APA Databases for a particular topic area
- PsycINFO News – newsletter about APA Databases
- Classification Codes – categorizing database content by primary subject matter
- Field Guide – quick definitions of the fields in APA Databases
- Record Structures – in-depth information on the searchable fields in: