PsycTHERAPY® is a database containing more than 300 videos featuring therapy demonstrations showing clinicians working with individuals, couples, and families.
What you can expect from PsycTHERAPY
- More than 200 different topics covered throughout hundreds of hours of filmed demonstrations
- Demonstrations exemplifying various therapist interactions with individuals, couples, and families
High-Quality Content and Features
- Interactions from therapy demonstrations utilizing a wide range of approaches
- Contains only unscripted, spontaneous therapy sessions taped in the last 10 years
- Highly flexible tool with synchronized, searchable transcripts that enhance user navigation and access
- Ability to tag segments of each therapy demonstration to create, save, or share personal playlists
- APA has produced educational therapy demonstration videos since the mid-1990s
- All videos in PsycTHERAPY were originally taped in conjunction with the APA Psychotherapy Video Series and will only be available in PsycTHERAPY
- Demonstrations conducted with master practitioners who are experts in their respective fields, featuring the most recent versions of classic therapeutic approaches as well as newer approaches
- Cross-searchable with other APA databases
- Growing collection of demonstrations with new content being added biannually
- Videos coded with index terms and information about the participants, session content, and therapeutic approaches demonstrated in order to facilitate accurate precise searching
|Database Type||Streaming video|
|Record Type||Therapy demonstration videos|
|Quantity of Records||363 videos|
|Update Frequency||Updated biannually|
|Record Format||Video and synchronized transcript|
The PsycTHERAPY® database is produced and copyrighted by the American Psychological Association (APA). All rights reserved.
Information current as of December 2014
Subscription Access – PsycTHERAPY is included in a subscription to APA PsycNET® Gold Plus and APA PsycNET Platinum. Each subscription package provides comprehensive access to quality research at an affordable price.
Institutional access to PsycTHERAPY is for academic institutions only and is available exclusively through the APA PsycNET platform.
Learn more about searching PsycTHERAPY. Take a look at our:
A variety of additional training materials and tools are available from our Search Help and Training Center.
Tips & Training
- Webinar Training – sessions for students and faculty, librarians and individual subscribers
- Video Tutorials – for APA Databases on APA PsycNET, EBSCOhost, ProQuest and OvidSP
- Podcasts – audio summaries of research recently added to PsycEXTRA, PsycBOOKS and PsycCRITIQUES (also available from iTunes)
- Search Guides – platform-specific training materials, including Quick Reference Guides
- Search Lessons – sample search lessons guide the user through database functionality or sample searches, in PDF and video
- Topic Guides – tips for searching APA Databases for a particular topic area
- PsycINFO News – newsletter about APA Databases
- Classification Codes – categorizing database content by primary subject matter
- Field Guide – quick definitions of the fields in APA Databases
- Record Structures – in-depth information on the searchable fields in: